Secure Login with Password REMINDER
On April 15, 2016, the Winlink system will begin requiring the use of
passwords and secure login for all users. IT WILL BE MANDATORY USER
REQUIREMENT. This is being done to enhance the privacy and protection of
the Winlink community. If you’ve already entered both a password and
also turned on Secure Login, you don’t have to make any other changes.
The transition taking place on April 15, 2016, won’t change your
operation. If you have not set a password for your account, and also have
not enabled Secure Login, we recommend you do it now so you won’t be
surprised on April 15, 2016.
For RMS Express, setting a password and Secure login are very easy to do:
1. Connect your computer to the Internet.
2. Run RMS Express.
3. Click the menu item “Files” then “RMS Express Setup”
4. Enter your password in the field next to your callsign, and check the
“Require password on connections (Enable Secure Login)” checkbox.
4. Enter a password recovery e-mail in the appropriate field. This must be
a non-Winlink address.
5. Click "Update".
6. RMS Express will set your password on the Winlink system and enable
NOTE: If you’re using a different Winlink e-mail client program such as
Paclink or Airmail, you must follow these steps:
1. Go to www.winlink.org, and select the My Account tab.
2. If you haven’t previously selected a password, select one now.
Otherwise log in.
3. Navigate to the screen that lists your account information, and click
4. Scroll down and enter your password-recovery e-mail.
5. Check the box to enable Secure Login.
6. Click “Save” at the bottom of the screen.
7. Next, find the place in your Winlink client program where you can enter
your password, and set it for the client. Note: there may be non-Winlink
deleloped client programs that cannot accept a passwords with secure
FOR USERS OF AIRMAIL:
1. In the Airmail Menu: TOOLS>OPTIONS>SETTINGS:
2. Enter a "Radio Password" and then SAVE the configuration.
3. Go to the Winlink Website, www.winlink.org, and complete your account
setup, then look on the left side menu in your account for the Secure Login
Your Winlink Development Team
73 de K4CJX